CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Followers

Some other language?

Friday, January 18, 2019

HAMPI


Having grown up watching the Flintstones and Jurassic Park, I was programmed to imagine Stone Age in a particular way. Little, did I know that my visit to Hampi, would re-kindle these strong memories.


Listed as a world Heritage, Hampi had already impressed me, in anticipation. I cannot recollect the exact moment when Hampi started inspiring me, but when it did, most of my notions that I was holding on to, started falling apart.

While in Hampi, there is a feeling of walking with a pair of binoculars, in the middle of Gods, who are about to start playing a game called lagori, spreading across the entire city finding its way through the group of monuments.

Lagori is a game played in India, wherein multiple small stones are randomly placed one above the other. Many a times these stones have a life of their own, falling apart, when not arranged well but in the case Hampi, gravity seems to have lost its grip over the city cause boulders one above the other, balance out even in the oddest positions.







The visuals that you come across are larger than life and as you are trying to soak in as much as you can, you begin to realize how incompetent you are, to take it all. Your senses will fall short in perceiving, what is at display and your cameras will not capture even a fraction of what is in front of you. Hampi, is thus, a place worth experiencing.

P.S: Inspirations coming from the nature are often long lasting and effective and this one might last me a life time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always stay focused.. :)