CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Followers

Some other language?

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Around the world:


Last night I had a dream where I happened to be a traveler of a different kind. I had a passion for travelling from one interest to another and I wanted to spend my life exploring the variety that was in store for me across the globe.

 In my dream I was a resident of an area called LAW. That was my motherland. Here we primarily spoke the Acts language. Rules, Regulations, Guidelines etc were the numerous other languages which were also an integral part of our culture.  To an outsider all these languages on the face of it looked the same but as Lawyers (resident of Law) we knew the subtle differences these languages held.  I would say this was a lovely place for anybody to visit and settle down but honestly we hardly attracted any tourists. :p In this world people were too occupied in their own neighborhoods and usually preferred not traveling.  People who thought of immigrating to Law, would often get an easy permit however to go a long way what was needed was a decent level of patience. This would eat up the initial crucial years of the immigrants. So life in Law was a task. On the other hand it was slightly easier for children who already had their parents registered as citizens of Law. Law was a widespread area and was highly populated. I had spent seven long years in this neighborhood and this was where I totally belonged. It was my home. But I was a traveler by nature and I had no intent of sticking around to Law alone. I was greedy and I wanted a slice of everything.

 So I packed my bags and left for an Island called Information Technology which was known for its ultra modern facilities. Making a decision was all it took for me to go. There was a massive cultural difference and I knew I’ll have a lot to take back. The citizens of IT spoke languages that were beyond my comprehension. It looked like they had a strong influence of the Mathematical culture. Their knowledge was like a never ending ocean and I would spend hours at the beach either building castles or taking a swim. The waves at times got furious at my incapacity to take in so much and they would hit me real bad, but that was a part of learning. 

Next morning I got up in the land of Architecture, the other corner of the world.  I was glad about this. Remember I had the previous experience of building castles. So I walked around confidently.  I observed as I walked and this place had a charm of its own. It tickled my brain in a way Law never had. So I took a rental home and kept mornings for learning their way of work and afternoons for the practical. Evenings were to explore and accept their culture. The only language I knew was the one we spoke at home, but now I had a different accent to it. I had no clue if that was good or bad. Putting experiences into compartments was not my idea. I had not left home with such plans. However I knew that I had to absorb as much as possible. 

My Next destination was engineering. But they had a very rigid Visa procedure. That’s another reason why my stay at Architecture got extended. But eventually my determination paid off and I was in the very land of Engineering in a suburb called Mechanical engineering. It’s the most populated area and its considered to be a land of intelligent men. They know how to put life into the machines. That’s Kinda similar to what God does, if I may say.  I was enjoying this moment when my alarm went off . Baaaaaamm!  Baaammm! May be it is not a very good idea to put life into all machines. Damn!  I wanted to visit other areas as well.

The entire day I have been thinking about the dream and I thought its worth sharing. This was the kind of life great men from the past have lived. Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Thomas Hobbes, Jean Jacques Rousseau, Manu, Avicenna, John Locke,  Rene Descartes- these men were wanderers and they would refuse to limit themselves to one interest. I have never come across men with such an alarming level of greed. They wanted to be a part of literally everything. Their contributions in varied areas have been immense and I dedicate this dream to the great men who have dared to romance with numerous complex subjects with such ease and passion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always stay focused.. :)